Ad

Monday, November 15, 2010

What’s on your list?

I have been attempting to work on a holiday wish list for myself.

I have a problem though.

Everything I want is either WAY expensive and I would never ask anyone to buy it for me (but I certainly won’t turn any of these things down should you choose to spend your hard earned $$ on me).

Or too practical and boring to actually WANT as a gift.

The awesome (and expensive):

this beauty is from Jo Totes. It’s a camera purse. I get all hot and bothered just thinking about putting my camera in here.  I am also an epiphanie fan, I like Belle the best.

AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G.  I want this so bad I can taste it. But it’s super expensive since my D40 doesn’t have autofocus built into the body.

I’ll also be accepting this:

I want the D90 camera body so I can get cheaper lenses. And because it is more awesome than my D40. 

I will also be accepting, international plane tickets, a 360 flash, 80-200 f/2.8 lens, Understanding Exposure and anything related to traveling to Italy next fall and Shutterfly gift certificates, I have lots of pictures that need printed!

The boring (and still expensive):

I need new tires for my car. And some maintenance work. Boring, but necessary. And freaking expensive.

Look, I am unemployed. A job. Cash. Paying off any one of the 4522 student loans I have. It’ll work. Not exciting, but again, necessary.  I know for sure money won’t go unused/unopened/unappreciated.

I also need new pillows for my bed, a new duvet cover, a bookshelf for the office and some organizing stuff (think a label maker and plastic bins/totes/drawers).  Am a boring old lady.

What are YOU asking for this year?

(also, what are your husbands asking for, I have no clue what to get mine…)

6447944426C98CE667104DD21FA0EDBC

8 comments:

C said...

Money works for me too:-)

And I'm super boring b/c I would rather get gift cards to the local Family Bookstore and Joann Fabrics than anything super fancy.

If I'm going to go all "dream"-like, I'd ask for a new car (not b/c I need one, just want), someone to clean my house, an all-expenses paid for vacay for me and the fam, and a back porch swing.

Things I can count on getting: candy, socks, underwear, and other knick-knacks. Do I mind? Nope. But man, money sure would be great:-)

Kakunaa said...

We can't afford to get anyone anything, so asked for nothing unless it is from the baby registry. Covet? A digital SLR, the car repaired, the computers repaired, and a miracle in the finances department.

Jules said...

So far I may just ask for giftcards - much easier than trying to explain to anyone exactly what shoes or clothes I want. That or I'm also on the DSLR hunt. Or a Chi flat iron.

Mazzy said...

I'm a real Tiffany whore. I asked for their toggle necklace. We'll see.

I also asked for a new purse, several pairs of new leggings and tunics (because I live in that stuff in the winter) and some new boots. Plus boring stuff like undies, running socks, the George W. book and a few Beth Moore study books. Riveting, I know.

I got my husband a new xbox (his old one is on its last leg), some games (toys r us is having a buy one get one 40% off sale on video games), some flannel pjs, a sweater and some house shoes. My husband is clearly a manchild.

Danifred said...

I'm getting to the point where I just want one nice thing instead of several little things. In actuality, my husband and I will probably focus more on the kids than ever before, leaving nothing for ourselves :)

Kate @ Ex Libris said...

I guess I'll be asking for gift cards. That's pretty boring. I wouldn't turn down maid service, though!

JJ said...

We did boring stuff this year-painted the interior of the house and got a new mattress. Woo-hoo.

But YES to all the things you asked for--just double that order to Santa, please :)

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Oh I love that purse!