so, since I am almost done being pregnant [at least I hope so....] I wanted to recap what I have learned so far.....
- the tiredness that I have experienced the past 9 months is really surprising. It is an incredibe accomplishment for me to stay up past 9p
- I always said I would be one of those women who worked out and all that jazz while pregnant still - but due to the extreme tiredness and general laziness that has developed - this went down the tubes at about 12 weeks. I know I will pay for it.
- stretch marks. no avoiding them despite all the magic potions i have tried. and the bigger I get the more they show up.
- baby kicks can hurt a lot more than I ever expected. and I love to feel them even more than I thought I would.
- little tiny baby things are fascinating. like little sunglasses and especiallylittle shoes.
- I am not good at being pregnant - even though everything has gone smoothly - I don't really like it. I am looking forward o having my body back, or at least kind of back.
- I feel clueless. I read a lot of books. I know that none of it will matter when she gets here.
- My brain disappeared months ago - I make some of the strangest mistakes and I say a lot of really random things.
- I don't think I have ever fully thought about how she will get outside of my uterus. and I don't plan to think about it, because then I will get scared.
- the attention being pregnant brings still amazes me, whether I want it or not. I am at the point now that people look at me very wide-eyed as if I am going to drop this kid out right this second. I just smile.... and fake a contraction.... ;)
- my hair also does not like being pregnant. and neither does my skin.
- do not force swollen feet into shoes. it just makes them hurt and even more swollen.
I know I haven't shown a picture lately - probably because I look like a bum in every single picture we have taken lately considering none of my clothes fit apprpriatly!
I had an OB appointment today, making slightly more progress, baby is way way down which is wonderful (well except when I walk.. or sit... but whatever). The latest he will let me go is 1 week over, I do not want an induction, but I want a baby! I will just hang tough for as long as it takes her to come on out - but I will not do it quietly! I am workng all of next week too....
**stay tunes for Lessons Learned part deux once she gets here....