- As usual, I am late on the leftovers and thankful Danifred is such a forgiving host.
- It has been a pretty great week to end 2011 – I only worked 2 days, got to see a lot of my favorite friends, celebrated the 1st birthday of one amazing girl, and celebrated the 30th birthday of a great friend.
- I got to spend lots of time with G too, which I so desperately needed.
- And one on one time with my husband, again, desperately needed.
- Mike got a Kinect for christmas, that Just Dance game is NO JOKE! It is pretty fun too. Gianna thinks it’s awesome, too. We might just have to buy it!
- I will be celebrating the end of 2011 with my favorite blue eyed cutie while Mike is working – hopefully I stay awake until the ball drops!
- Our house is de-christmas-afied. And I feel so much better.
- Now to tackle the rest of the clutter. I got the bathroom closet under control so far, baby steps, right?
- Someone asked how you would describe 2011 in one word – for me, it’s rebuilding. A lot of things were finished/started this year. How about you?
- What is one goal you have for 2012? I have a few, but the biggest one is to stick to our budget so we can save/pay off a few things faster. I’m thinking Dave Ramsey style. What is one goal you have for this year?
- I also want to be better at blogging – I have been sucking at balancing being a wife/mom/full time employee/small business owner/friend etc. so I guess I hope to get that balance figured out, finally.
- Overall, 2011 hasn’t been as crappy for me as it has been for a lot of my friends, but has had it’s moments, for sure. Here’s to a 2012 filled with growth, happiness, love and laughs for everyone.
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Thursday, December 29, 2011
At 2 years and 8 months, we were able to see the magic of Christmas through her eyes. Everything that we did this holiday season was THE COOLEST EVER and she was just so into it.
She asked Santa for a Belle baby doll and for a dollhouse. Good thing Santa has good listening ears, because she was a pleasantly pleased little girl on December 25th.
Belle was a huge hit!
Santa was good to mommy (external flash for my camera!) and daddy (beats by dre, studio ed!) too, because he allowed us to provide a pretty spectacular Christmas for our girl (and each other) that was so much more than gifts under the tree.
And that was just Christmas at our house. Our families spoiled us to the max this year, more on that a little later.
More than any other year, I am feeling very blessed for where we are in our lives. I am even more aware this year as well, of our 3’ tall, blue eyed, talkative blessing because she lights up my world every single day. And I am hopeful that we will have another blue-eyed babe with us next year at this time.
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
If you have been around my piece of the blogger world for awhile, you know that my marriage has not always been rainbows and sunshine.
But as much as we struggled, we have been working even harder to make things awesome between us. I can’t tell you the one thing that we did that “worked”, or any secrets to get your marriage through a rough patch – at least not anything besides constant, open, communication. Figure out how each of you talks and listens and loves, and make an effort to play to your partner’s needs as much as you can.
But I can tell you that I miss him during the day, he gives me butterflies and I just love him.
Mike stays home with Gianna while I go to work, and then most nights, when I get home, he is going to work. It’s a busy life, but it works for us.
He is such an awesome stay at home dad. He paints fingernails, goes to story time, takes her out to lunch and keeps the house tidy (most of the time!). He cooks dinner, makes me smile and is seriously such an amazing dad.
We are in a place we probably have never been right now and it’s terrific. We understand each other, he lets me cry each month we aren’t pregnant, admits that I can be a little neurotic with the TTC process but listens when I need to talk (and reminds me to take my temp in the morning), makes me laugh, makes me feel beautiful, is my best friend (no really, he is) and he just makes my heart happy.
We have changed a lot in the almost 12 years we have been together, we have changed even more over the course of our almost 5 year marriage and have grown and loved each other more in the last year than I can hardly believe. It’s really unbelievable in a good way.
I’ve learned to let go of the baggage and just love him. And to let him love me.
Monday, December 26, 2011
We have been busy (surprised?) this month doing all kinds of fun stuff – my Mommy and Daddy are so cool!
Because I am waiting on Daddy to edit a pretty awesome Christmas morning video I figured I’d show what we have been up to this month.
On December 10th, the Goodyear Blimp hosted a Toys for Tots drive, and when you’re Uncle Joshie works for the Blimpie, you get the insiders visit.
On December 17th Grandma and Papa had an Ugly Sweater Holiday Party.
Naturally, we all tried to dress the part, Mommy let me pick out my own clothes, but I think I still looked pretty cute.
(see, this is me being like Mommy, taking pictures of Daddy – looking for them on my phone and showing you the good ones!)
There was lots of yummy food (that I didn’t eat) and some celebrations too!
Everyone look so are sillEEE!
SANTA CAME TO VISIT!
My Grandma and Papa know the coolest people!
On December 18th Aunt Jacqui and Uncle Joshie brought me a present!
And on December 23rd Mommy and Daddy took me (and Krista, my elf) for a special surprise!
We went to Kris Kringle’s workshop! And met some elves.
Used our imaginations to draw pictures and make monsters.
We made some cool snow and toys too.
On the way home we sang Christmas songs (I love Dominic the Italian Christmas donkey!) and looked at all the pretty lights. It was so such a cool day.
December was a pretty fun month at my house – how about yours?
Friday, December 23, 2011
- It’s the day before, the day before, Christmas. How nuts!
- We are taking G here tonight – I think it will be fun!
- It’s been a long few weeks at work, but I am off until Tuesday, so yay!
- Why do kids nap, for longer than normal, when you have plans?
- We have to clean out the play room tonight. THAT should be entertaining…
- I started clearing out my friends list on FB – what a PIA that is, why is it so tedious?
- Mike says I never post anything fun on my blog
- What the hell does he know?
- My cycle this month is again, totally screwed up. Fantastic.
- BUT! I can have baileys in my coffee on christmas morning, so hey, that’s fun.
- My girlfriend started selling Mary Kay and I had a workshop for her this week – it was really fun. And I am trying foundation primer, and I like it!
- Mike made cookies with Gianna today while I was at work, he is the best ever.
- I don’t usually have my nails painted because I am too lazy to take off the polish when it starts to chip. Consider my nails a hot mess right now.
- Are you ready for the christmas madness? Giddy up!
thanks to Danifred for hosting, as usual!
Thursday, December 22, 2011
More fun from Rebecca (and an easy way to get some blogging done!)
1. How was your week?
Every week for the past too many weeks has been busy. this week I got to have dinner with friends and socialize, so that was really nice.
2. What was the one thing you wanted to get done this weekend?
this past weekend?! Not one clue.
3. Did you get it done?
4. What is one popular holiday "tradition" that you will just never understand?
there are so many….but I had never heard of “st nick” day or whatever it is until this year. I was like, why is everyone talking about shoes…
5. Is there a gift that you bought for someone this Christmas that you're totally nervous about?
nah, not really. there are several I am really excited about though!
6. Are you going to be able to attend church services this year?
We are not. I didn’t know church was going to be on friday night, and we have plans already.
7. What are you wearing right now? If you house burned down and you had to run outside, do you look acceptable enough to be interviewed by the local news??
cut-off sweat pants, tshirt and a hoodie. I would be okay, but I would be cold!
and, since I am a slacker – more!
- What is your favorite holiday television special?
- When you buy new underwear, do you wash it first?
I don’t. gross? Maybe, but whatever.
If you could live anywhere for 6 months, where would it be?
Venice. For sure.
What is your least favorite meal of the day and why?
Dinner because it is ALWAYS a fight with the little ruler of the house. And frustrating. And just generally unenjoyable.
Do you think that people who wear fingerless gloves look homeless?
I wear them. Function over fashion, maybe?
Are you a texter? Or a talker?
Generally, a texter these days. But sometimes you just need to talk it out.
Have you been naughty? Or nice
Only time will tell!
*please note, 2 posts in one NIGHT! It’s a christmas miracle!
**please also note: if I kept up on blog reading, I would have put these 2 posts together in one. Am a huge slacker. But am also caught up on blogs, even if I didn’t comment on them all like usual.
I played along the first time Rebecca did Cawfee Talk, and now here I am again. A month (almost) after the original post, but better late than never.
1. What word in the English language just drives you nuts?
Moist. And Preggers. And Prego (when not referring to the pasta sauce). And panties. And there are a lot more, but I will stop there.
2. Tell me about your favorite holiday decoration.
I am not sure I have a favorite, really. I like them all because they are bright colors!
3. Snow globes...love them? Or hate them?
Tell me the point of a snow globe other than a ridiculously priced paper weight. I’m not at all in to tchackies or however you spell that.
4. How was your Thanksgiving?
It was really good! (and see, told you, very far behind!)
5. Do you feel that people leave enough time to socialize these days?
NO! I was just thinking about this on my way home from work – working full time really puts a damper on my social life and it is sad.
6. If you could have one food every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
7. What are the three words you'd use right now to describe your husband?
Stressed. Cute. Loving.
Sunday, December 18, 2011
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I love to make gifts look really pretty, even if they are going to get destroyed in .25 seconds or less.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. I really can’t be bothered with the real thing because I would certainly forget to water it and it would die.
3. When do you put up the tree? It almost always goes up the weekend after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? My grandma always said it was bad luck to take it down before the new year. But I can’t handle the clutter, so I almost always have it down by the 30th
5. Do you like eggnog? I don’t love it, but a small glass now and then is ok.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I can’t remember a lot of gifts, but I remember getting a letterman jacket from my mom – she sent us on a scavenger hunt to find them in the house!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? We have a fisher price one, does that count?
8. Hardest person to buy for? My parents, what do you buy for the people who have and/or buy everything they want? Pictures of their family, that’s what!
9. Easiest person to buy for? Gianna. For sure. My sisters are pretty easy too, though. (easy to buy for….)
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. I'm religious about my card sending.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A Glade air freshener. Yes really.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf because it makes me laugh. But It’s a Wonderful Life is classic.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as I can figure out what to buy.
14. Ever recycled a Christmas present? Heck. Yes..
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Acini Pepi. It’s a dish my mom will only make for me at the holidays because it is a giant pain in the ass. But I love it.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? White lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I really am not a christmas music fan. This year my favorite is Santa Clause is Coming to Town because Gianna will sing it to me and it is the cutest thing in the whole wide world.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We stay home, but one of the things on my bucket list is to spend Christmas at Disney with my whole family.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have a crocked angel.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Everything on Christmas morning except a pair of jammies on christmas eve.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The busy. It’s a time when all anyone wants to do is enjoy themselves, yet we are all running around like chickens with our heads cut off anyway.
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? Our decorations are bright colors (pink, lime green, red, teal, purple etc) and I love how modern and fun it is. Next year I want to do 2 trees, one with all the sentimental/old school/favorite ornaments. And then our regular one to appease the organized, everything has to match side of me.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? I honestly have no idea. I feel bad for anyone who is attempting to buy me anything this year, because unless you are paying off one of the 20374 student loans I have, I can’t imagine what else I would want to receive. But I love a good surprise, so I’m looking forward to seeing who met the challenge!
Saturday, December 17, 2011
the hilarity keeps on growing over here – and the attitude. It’s enormous some days.
Gianna: Can I have that toy?
Me: After you pick up your other toys.
Gianna: :: instant tears ::
Me: When you are done crying, pick up your toys.
Gianna: But I want THAT!
Me: When you are done crying, pick up your toys and you can have that.
Gianna: :: hands on hips, tears, etc. :: I Never Get Anything I Want
Me: stifling laughter. Pick up your toys, Gianna…..
(seriously, a straight face was NOT happening in that moment)
((seriously seriously, how in the hell did she know to say that!))
at any time, she will just say “I am not TALKING to you, Mommy” – usually when she doesn’t want to hear what I have to say to her (you know, like picking up her toys)
Gianna spent at least 20 minutes in the bathroom the other night, searching through her entire drawer of bows for the “perfect ‘punzel bow”. And we do a lot of ‘punzel hair and cindalella hair and belle hair lately. She also walked around the house with the blow dryer “blowin’ her hair out”. If this is an indication of the primping to come, we are going to need an extra bathroom for sure!
We have lots of really run conversations, but it hit me the other night, as we were sitting on the couch having a snack and chatting about the day that this baby, is so much a little GIRL and not so much a baby.
Me: Tell me about your day!
Gianna: I went to the no’mal McDonald’s (normal = no play place!) with Sissy.
Me: Oh, was it fun?
Gianna: Ya. You go to work today, Mommy?
Gianna: How was your day at work?
Me: It was okay. I had a meeting today.
Gianna: Ya…. I had a meeting too.
Me: You did? How was it?
Gianna: It was okay.
OMG you guys, when did she get to be so assertive? Hands down, one of my favorite parts of the day.
Thursday, December 15, 2011
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
At church a few weeks ago a guest pastor was preaching and the whole background of his sermon was that life is full of gates. Gates open and close.
Every challenge we face? It’s just a gate.
Sometimes the gate feels like it is 20 feet high and being held shut by the forces of 3000 men, but it is still JUST a gate. It has to open. The challenge or obstacle or whatever it is WILL end.
Unemployment? It was just a gate allowing me to finish my Masters with honors, spend much needed time with my daughter and that gate opened up to a really great job opportunity.
Financial struggles? They are just a gate into what we REALLY need in our lives. Turns out it’s not much.
Car trouble? Just a gate that stays shut long enough so I would slow down for a week.
Trouble conceiving? I know it is just a gate. And I know when it opens, the struggle will have been worth it. I HAVE to know that. I also HAVE to know that as much as I push, He will open it for me. It’s pretty much the hardest thing for me to remember and believe, but I know it’s a pretty important thing. And the gate will open…. It WILL.
People coming in to and out of our lives? Gates to memories and experiences and lessons.
Everyone has their own gates to go through, to lean against, to push back on. And they are always changing. I sometimes just need to keep it all in perspective – while right now having trouble conceiving is my biggest source of stress and frustration – I know it’s not in my control and for once in a very, very, really super long time – this is the only big bad gate in my life.
He has opened up everything else and poured so much happiness and success in to my life the past 4 months that sometimes I just have to sit back and remember where I was last year. So many of those struggles are behind us and a new one is in our lives.
And I look at her face every day
and know that if He opened that gate to us once, surely He will do it again. And I pray and hope for that every day.