We are home from the most amazing vacation that I have ever been on.
I am exhausted and have over 1,500 pictures to edit. A few quick highlights with promises of more detailed posts later (there is a LOT I want to share)
- All that worry about Gianna on the plane? She ROCKED IT! We had some serious air-travel related delays and she was so amazing. Both ways – total travel rock star.
- Venice is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.
- People in Italy drive like maniacs.
- The Amalfi Coast? Everyone should visit. Seriously.
- Cruises are fun. Except I ate so much that none of my clothes fit….
- I still like all of my family members, even after spending 12 days traveling with them.
- Being totally unplugged for that long? A little strange but mostly very freeing. It was nice not to have the option of picking up my phone to distract me from all the amazing memories that were being made.
- I actually took over 1,800 pictures. Only about 1,600 were good enough to keep.
- Gianna walked through Pompeii, the Vatican and most of Florence. She was just so incredibly great the entire trip – she earned herself a Unicorn stuffed animal and a “real Barbie” – Rapunzel style.
- Gelato. The end.
- There is no way I can ever thank my mom and [step]dad for making such a trip a reality – seriously. love you both so much.
More travel recapping and pictures to come once I have gotten some more sleep.
venice. october 2011