Ad

Monday, November 22, 2010

Frugal Shopping

I am really starting to get into holiday shopping mode.

But, as seems to be the case all around, we are in FRUGAL holiday shopping mode.

As much as I would LOVE to spoil everyone I know with awesome gifts, it is not really in the budget.

So I need to find/make/create these awesome gifts on the cheap.

So far my biggest savings has been buying some of Gianna’s gifts after halloween, since we are doing a dress-up corner for her. We snagged some awesome deals on disney princess gear.  Still looking for the perfect dress-up mirror, though.

My 2nd biggest savings, which is really a money maker, is using Ebates.  If you shop online – you NEED to check it out.  By going through ebates, you earn CASH BACK on every purchase.  I have earned up to 20% cash back on my purchases, and pretty much every single retailer is on their website.  You go to ebates, click on the store you want to shop at, shop at your leisure and BAM – money in the bank!  You get a check from them every so often, which rocks. If you go and sign up using me as a referral, we will both get an extra $5!

My 3rd biggest savings has been just shopping around.  Comparison shopping and whatnot.  Not something I am great at, but getting better! 

What are YOUR holiday shopping tips?

6447944426C98CE667104DD21FA0EDBC

(no, I was not endorsed by ebates at all, they just really rock so I wanted to share the love!)

4 comments:

Kate @ Ex Libris said...

Ooooh! The ebates tip is good. I'm going to check that out! The costume tip is good, too. I'm sure E will want dress up stuff next year.

My biggest tip is making a list and sticking to it. I always end up buying more gifts when I don't have it planned out.

VA Blondie said...

Oh, I love ebates! Great tip!

Danifred said...

I'm definitely going to check out the ebates. I love a good deal!

Kim F said...

As you can tell from my facebook...I LOVE swagbucks!! :) I have earned so much $$ for Amazon just by surfing the web and taking lame o surveys :) hehe!

Other tips...etsy & target. They have been rockin' my world this holiday season.