Friday, October 30, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
She started sleeping through the night at about 6-8ish weeks. Loved her swaddle and life was grand.
She became too strong for any swaddling blanket I tried & stopped sleeping through the night at about 4.5/5 months.
Granted, she was easy to console with just her binky and her "womb bear" [could.not.live.without]
At 6 months old, she sleeps like complete shit. She goes to sleep usually without a problem. She wakes up screaming her full head off at approx 12:30a, 2:30a, 4:30a & 6a. No, she isn't hungry. We are still having issues with leaking through her diapers, but once she is dry and changed - she still wakes up later.
The past few nights have been ROUGH. I can't just let her cry it out in the middle of the night - there are other people that need sleep in this house too....
Suddenly she is napping for shit too. She freaks out if she sees me leave her room - sometimes its as soon as she touches her mattress. We did CIO today for her first nap, she slept terribly and was awake in an hour (compared to her usual 1.5-2).
If I could sleep while she naps, we'd be ok. But I can't (my employer would probably look down upon that....) so I need your help Internets!!
Any tips on helping her sleep better would be awesome.
Friday, October 23, 2009
I find myself in this situation about 1249x a day... And I a only with her for approximately 2 hours a day during the week. Imagine the clueless-ness if I were here all day.
But there are things I DO know - come on, I diagnosed my kid with Reflux before any doctor could. These are the things that are "easy" for me, the concrete things, the things I can see.
My current list of clueless-ness:
- Teething. We do the Hyland's Teething Tablets & Tylenol, but some days that doesn't seem like enough. Clueless on what else to do for her.
- When will she hold her own bottle? She is totally lazy on this one.
- How long does it take for babies to go from laying to sitting. She's got some killer crunches going on for the time being...
- Does she think I am just being a goof when I sign to her or does she maybe understand?
- Eating. Just in general really.
- Does she miss me when I'm gone? Does she even know I'm gone?
- Her brain is likely turning to mush early because I let her watch things like WonderPets & My Friends Tigger & Pooh.....
I think there are more, obviously I think of them in the shower or driving to/from work and forget by the time I get anywhere to write about it.
This whole idea of teaching another human how to live... takes a lot out of a person.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
My baby, she is teething. And angry. And awake a LOT at night.
And, I'm cranky because this mama needs LOTS of sleep. Or, a lot more than I have been getting.
Also - life is just generally crazy at the moment.
Stay tuned for a much more substantial, interesting post....
Thursday, October 15, 2009
- I have about 6lbs to go until I hit my first "goal" weight. Thanks in part to some awesome girls and a Weight Loss Challenge we are doing. Accountability and Motivation all wrapped into one.
- I made some more baby food - sweet potatoes - for roughly $1.50 (2 potatoes), I made 46(!) servings - $.03/serving. I want to do a few more fruits - any suggestions on this??
- My least favorite part about going back to school - my Stats class. I really dislike statistics.
- Husband graduates from broadcasting school in 2 weeks! That brings about a whole lot of excitement. And apprehension. More on this later. (He is totally awesome at what he does though, best decision ever.)
- Because I am *this close* to my "goal" weight - WHY don't my prepregnancy clothes (pants) fit?? Also - how do I get rid of the flabby stomach... I know, crutches and such. Can you add a few more hours in the day so I can get on that? Or provide me a treadmill? That would be sufficient.
- The weather in Ohio has turned cold. FAST. And I hate it.
- We never really eat "dinner" we just find whatever we want in the kitchen and eat it. This will not fly much longer, as in, when little miss gets to table food. Any ideas on quick/easy recipes?
- In desperate need of a night out with the girls. Or a night in. Just some gossip, wine & laughter would be sufficient.
- I'm in a wedding next month, lets hope I make it to this "goal" & don't look like a jackass in my dress.
- I have some new followers - HI!! Nice to see you :)
- Also, check out over there -----> I am listed on momblogs.com. now. cool! (I realize, anyone can be listed, but still!)
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Monday, October 12, 2009
This pretty much says everything that I have been thinking lately.
I hate feeling like I am being judged by other moms (friends...) because I choose to do things differently or because my daughter isn't developing the same as some one else. I do what is right for her and she is a happy girl.
That is what we do as mothers - we provide for our children the best way we know how - it really doesn't matter how/when/why as long as those little people are thriving.
We need to support & encourage one another, because being a mom is HARD.
As much as I enjoy this new place in life - the evolution of it is overwhelming.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Hello, where did time go? Did I not just birth her yesterday? Are you sure?
WELLL this is what is up with my BIG GIRL!
- She sits up on her own for about 30ish seconds at a time (sometimes longer)
- There is one sharp tooth trying to make its way out
- She responds to her name most of the time
- If there is a mirror around - she will find it and smile really big
- If there is something she wants, she finds a way to get it - usually by rolling across the living room or scooting backwards
- Has eaten: peas, pears, squash, sweet potatoes, applesauce & bananas - likes them all.
- Still refluxy/pukey but she's on good drugs to keep the pain away
- Likes to "talk" to us. Is ADORABLE.
- For sure knows her mom and dad which is AWESOME!!
I can't imagine life without her and those blue eyes. Husband and I get a kick out of everything she does, which is something new every day. She's a pretty cool girl, I think we'll keep her.
Monday is her 6m appt & her GI f/u appt - will update you with her stats.
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Covered w/ saran wrap & frooze.
Then I made pears. $.79/lb (I used 2 medium sized pears)
Blend until smooth.
For $.79 I made 14 servings.
$.06 per serving.
This adventure was TOTALLY worth it (for the cost and of course the benefit of knowing what my princess is eating....). I absolutely intend on doing much more.
I think next on our list will be sweet potatoes and squash.
I reference Wholesome Baby Food a lot (as recommended by a few bloggers as well) which gives great tips, reciepes and ideas.
I has babymaking SKILLZ people!
*I know some people do not have such great luck with a blender, but I wanted to try it before buying another kitchen gadget. Glad I saved the $$!
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Can you please answer a question for me?
Why, WHY are not all clothes sized the same?
I can grab a pair of pants in one size and they will be too big. I can grab a second pair of pants by a different manufacturer in the same size and they will be too small.
Do you have ANY idea what this does to a girl's mental status? Especially a girl who has, literally, 2 pairs of pants that fit her well because her hips and mid section will not go back to their pre-baby size? A girl with a closet FULL of beautiful clothes that must remain on the hangers and who is in desperate need of some clothes to make her feel better.
The problem with going to the store and purchasing said new clothes, I have no idea what size to buy size there is no consistency and my 5month old doesn't do well in fitting rooms.
AND speaking of that 5month old, I forced her up a size in clothes because I was sick of seeing the same stained onesies on her for the past 5 months. (yes, I JUST put her in 3-6m clothes) The problem I have with baby clothes? Very similar to that of big girl clothes.
So many of her pants are HUGE on her around the waist, but she has long long legs. Which means she ends up in floods. She is going to have cold ankles this winter.
So, in conclusion, I need a wardrobe makeover.
Please take into consideration the fact that it would be very consumer-friendly of all you clothes makers to get together and come up with one, uniform, measurement for each size.
And, I really want to go shopping so I feel un-frumpy.