Ad

Sunday, May 10, 2009

double the happy

this happens to be a very very important day. for 2 very important reasons.

Reason #1:

My BABY sister turns 18. Today.

I can not believe it. I remember the day she was born, the days we didn't get along, the days we taught her to "shake her booty", the day I taught her to drive, the day she stood beside me at my wedding, the day she started driving on her own, the day she found God, the day she sent me a card congratulating me on becoming a mom.... and all the days, good or bad, in between.

Somewhere along there I missed the day where she went from being a kid to a young women to an adult. But I did not miss the beautiful, graceful way in which she made this transformation.

For being 6 years younger than me, we are best friends.

Her life is only beginning and I can't wait to see what she does with it.

Happy Birthday Krissy, I love you!


Reason #2:

That lady in the pink shirt.

My mom. A new grandma. My closest friend.

I wrote about her last year, but this year our relationship has a whole new meaning. There is something very amazing about becoming a mom and to have such a wonderful role model - I try everyday to be half the mom she was to us. I can't imagine having a better life growing up and that is attributed wholly to my mom. I also had a pretty amazing grandma and I can see so much of her in my mom when she is with G. It is not secret how much she loves her and I can't wait to see what kind of influence they have on each other.

I hope to be such an inspiration to my daughter (and future children) but those are some big shoes to fill.

Happy Mothers Day! I love you mom.

4 comments:

renee said...

big tear :') love this.

alicia said...

happy b-day to your sis!!! its my sis in laws b-day today too!

and happy mothers day to you!!! yuppee

Tricia said...

Happy Mother's Day!

I can't believe our little sibs are turning 18 and graduating high school! Time flies huh?

Kara said...

I cried when I read this.. because It's so amazing when you first become a mom and how clear everything is.. so this is why she told me what to do..so this is why she worried about me all those times.. and this is why she said "one day you will understand.." and when that day comes it's all so clear..that being a mom and the love for your child is the best thing that could ever be : ) love you hun!