continued from v. 1.0 post
- Dr. Wonderful said, as he was doing the PCT – we are probably going to see “nice clear cervical mucous with lots of good sperm” – I’ll be right back with the results.
- He came back REALLY fast. And when the first words out of a medical professionals mouth are “don’t let this news ruin your day” – you are probably screwed.
- Dr. Wonderful, while he really is wonderful, is also very matter of fact. So he put it to me straight (which I like) and basically said the best chance for success with this cycle was insemination. tomorrow. and that will be $300.
- I didn't even know this was a possibility – sure I had THOUGHT about “what if” we got to the point of needing to do an IUI, but never did I even imagine that decision would need to be made EVER. let alone in less than 24 hours because no one mentioned the fact that after the PCT – things might need to change.
- it was a tough, tough day – Mike and I hadn’t talked about this – and both have very strong feelings about this stuff.
- ultimately, we went through with it and for 3 of 5 days last week, a peek at the lady parts by a medical professional is how I started my day.
- did you know after an IUI you can get super bloated and have ridiculous cramps? I didn’t. But I do know.
- I need to have all the facts, and the hardest part of this cycle have been all the unknowns – all the things I wish I had known ahead of time just to be prepared. But now I know and I survived and am better prepared should I need to be in the future.
- so here we are. in that damn TWW. wondering what has gone so wrong with my body since I had Gianna. wondering what, should we need to, we will do next, differently, and when it would all go down because we do know that back to back medicated cycles are probably out of the picture for us. I hate how much my mind wanders sometimes, and I am really trying to just let it be – because it really is out of my hands at this point.