* I started this obviously, at the beginning of the month, and hesitated to post it – but again, obviously, changed my mind. Mostly because there is so much I wish I had known in the beginning, and maybe other people would like to know this stuff too. The whole timeline etc. is broken up into 2 posts.
- CD1 came, as expected. And I was told to come in for an ultrasound and to bring $175 since our insurance doesn’t cover infertility treatments. I wasn’t too sure what the ultrasound was for but I figured I should just go with it.
So I went in, had the ultrasound and got the prescription for the goods. I really was not prepared for all that was coming my way. Clomid. Hcg. Progesterone. On top of the prenatal, foltex and baby aspirin. Wooh. My husband is a little taken aback by the idea that the progesterone goes IN my vagina. As am I, I guess but eh.
- I took the first clomid pill on CD4 and did not turn in to an instant bitch like I thought I might. In fact, it was pretty uneventful besides the daily headache. Which may or may not have been from the drugs.
- I have been temping for about 4 or 5 cycles now and I have noticed that my temperatures are MUCH higher, almost a full degree, than what they are typically. could be the clomid? could be exhaustion leading to user error too, I suppose. still – kind of weird.
- Sometimes I feel as if I should FEEL something about all of this – but I am kind of numb, like I hate that this what needs to happen, but I accept it and just want to move on. I know Mike isn’t entirely on the same page as me with how far we will go in regards to treatments, but I am just staying quietly hopeful that we won’t need to go any further.
- Our monitoring ultrasound showed 1 good, 1 okay and 2 small follicles and ended with an HcG trigger shot in the ass. Uneventful, overall.
- we had to do a post coital test the next morning. that was as unpleasant as it sounds and ended in a totally unexpected way.