Ad

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Friday night leftovers…on Saturday

  • I have been unemployed for over a week. I don’t know what I really thought it would be like – but not this. Let me explain.
  • I have been BUSY. BUSY BUSY BUSY.
  • Busy applying for jobs (which holy freaking crap are some of these apps ridiculously long and just ughhhh) (also, it is very frustrating not to hear back from people or have a way to follow up with applications) (and, what the hell do I have to write so people will PICK ME!)
  • Busy taking care of my princess, which has been really quite awesome and rewarding.  it’s amazing what you miss when you work full time and really I don’t know how I will go back to work now….
  • Busy starting this new business adventure (if you live in Ohio, pretty much anywhere, I will so come to you and do a jewelry party. It will be fun. Cross my heart. call me!). (no, seriously. I need the help of the people around me to make this a success and am slightly disappointed in the response so far)
  • Busy figuring out how we are going to continue our health insurance and pay the bills and all that frustratingly scary exciting stuff.
  • Busy working on school stuff.  Am drowning in papers and modules to prepare for my capstone.  One.more.semester.
  • Busy cleaning the house, doing laundry, attempting to cook and work out and you know, be a housewife.
  • I don’t have a good schedule, Friday was the best day as far as productivity so hopefully I can keep that up.  My list of things that I have to do/want to do/need to do is growing every day.  Maybe I should be less ambitious, but maybe I need to just get organized.
  • Taking deep breathes and trying not to freak the fuck out over this whole thing.  Because guys – losing the main source of income and insurance without warning sort of sucks. A LOT.  Seriously, I try to be positive and YAY ME! but really, sometimes I just want to cry and put up my white flag.  Clearly though, I have no time for that….
6447944426C98CE667104DD21FA0EDBC As always - visit Danifred to play along.

6 comments:

Kakunaa said...

You do better than me. Me out of work = LAZY!

annies home said...

You do sound quite busy and so exciting about your new job outlook. I hope you luck on getting it off the ground

Heather said...

Wishing you lots of luck with everything on your plate (and there is a lot). Hang in there!

Mazzy said...

Being at home is shockingly more overwhelming than being in an of office. When I lost my job last year and decided to work from home I discovered that all those years I grumbled about sitting in traffic and in an office all day, I had no idea how blessed I was. Trying to work, eat, do laundry, clean, cook with a toddler at your heels screaming for attention all day is exhausting. I cannot even imagine job searching at the same time. The days FLY by and there's little to no "me" time to just sit down for 30 minutes and decompress. I wouldn't change it for the world, but its challenging for sure.

I know it is cheesy and cliche, but a few years from now I know you'll look back on this and say it was one of the best things that ever happened to you. God often uses situations like this to take us up and bless us more than we ever could have dreamed. Turn to him, you'll be amazed at how much peace only He can give. You're in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Like Mel said, God will use this situation to bless you more than you can even know. Big hugs to you while you get through this time.

JJ said...

I have to agree--its INSANE how busy things can get when you dont have a "job" to report to--things add up.

I also have to say, I am so thankful that you and I have been able to email the past few days about all this--I know it stinks for both of us, but your attitude and positive outlook are so helpful!

Lots of GOOD thoughts, right!? :)