Ad

Monday, April 11, 2011

A letter to my daughter: 2 years of wonder

Dear Gianna -

Today you turn 2. TWO. I honestly can hardly believe that you have been here for 2 years and at the same time I barely remember life before you.

It has been another year filled with exploring, learning, talking, crying, smiling and laughing.

You have definitely become my tiny dancer, as you always were – I just get to share you with everyone now. You will dance anywhere and proudly proclaim “I dancin’ Mommy!”. We have dance parties every day, which have become something I look forward to very much, you wear tutus all the time and soon you will be taking dance classes.

7.25  (39) july 2010

This year, while full of dancing and fun, has been one of BIG changes. We bought and moved into our first house.

5.24  (37)may 2010

We went to the beach for the first time.

9.10  (17)September 2010

And the biggest change of all was when I lost my job in October. It was the biggest challenge that came with the most rewarding prize – being home every day with you.

IMG_0200_GDOctober 2010

We have learned a lot about each other this year. You know just when to “give a kiss mommy” and when I need a snuggle or a laugh. Together we have made crafts, cookies, learned a love of princesses and created memories that I will forever cherish.

1.11  (70)January 2011

I can not wrap my mind around all you have accomplished this year. You have great manners, always saying please, thank you and your welcome appropriately. You still fall down a lot, but you always get right back up and say “I okay mommy”. You love to “cook” and have “tea parties”. Shoes, dresses and hairbows are something you love. Princesses (especially Cinda-lella and Tiana) are your favorite things – you take such great care of them too. Movies are your favorite form of entertainment, besides dancing and reading books. Besides mommy, Papa is your favorite person in the world – you have no idea how much this makes me happy because he is one of the most amazing people you could ever have in your life.

6.20  (55)June 2010

You have a great memory and can identify all of your favorite people and characters. You are a great helper and you give the best snuggles.

But my favorite part of this year? Are the conversations we have. We talk all the time and I am constantly amazed at what you understand and say. Your vocabulary is easily over 500 words and growing every day. At least once a day you give me a good laugh with whatever you say. And you fill my heart with love when, out of the blue, you give me a hug and say “I wub you too mommy”.

The happiness, excitement and pure joy you have brought to my life (and daddy’s too!) (okay, everyone in our family’s!) is something I can’t explain. You light up the room when you walk in and bring a smile to everyone you encounter.

DSC_0836November 2010

Each day when I wake up to you saying “Mommy! Mommy!” I smile and gladly get out of bed to great you with a big smile. And each night when you go to bed, I let out a sigh of joy when you say “Mommy! Another book?” and “I wub you too” in response to my “Goodnight, sweet dreams, I love you and I’ll see you when you wake up”.

Every minute of this year has been incredible – even the crying, sick, time-out and frustration-filled ones – because they have been spent with the most amazing toddler I have ever had the privilege of knowing.

IMAG02903.23  (7)

I can’t wait to see what comes next.

Happy 2nd Birthday peanut.

Love you to the moon and back,

Mom

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday to Gianna! What a sweet, sweet letter. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this! Such a sweet letter for a sweet girl!

dayna said...

Sweet letter!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Miss G!!! Love you more than you'll ever know!
Gama
P.S. Papa's my favorite too!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday G! What a sweet letter for a sweet girl!

Danifred said...

And now, I cry.

Happy Birthday, sweet girl! And, love to you Mama.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Happy birthday G!

JJ said...

What a blessing she is--and how blessed SHE is to have you as her Momma!

Kakunaa said...

This is just sooo beautiful. She will treasure it.

Rebecca said...

This is so sweet!!! I love it!