Ad

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Confessions of a (insert age here) women: ADM bloghop style

It’s my turn to host the small but mighty ADM bloghop this month – I don’t care if you know what ADM stands for or not, feel free to join on in (and contribute topics!)!  Links will be open from Thurs-Sun each week. 
This week’s topic is an easy one:
Confessions of a (insert age here) women
a nod to my confessions of a toddler mom post from the other week, I made some, shall we say interesting, realizations the past few weeks. I thought I would over share with you, my special internet friends.
Confessions of a 20-something women:
  • I used to hate leggings for anyone over the age of 5. Until I bought a pair. Now I am mercilessly searching for something else to wear them with.
  • I will not buy into the jeggings though. Or pajama jeans or whatever. I have boundaries.
  • I literally jumped for joy in the middle of Rite Aid over the amount of money I saved with my coupons. You guys – I saved 2x what I spent, it was epic.
  • Some days I just want my mommy, especially when I don’t feel good.
  • I can no longer live without coffee. And also jumped for joy when I saw that coffeemate has new flavors out.
  • When did I become so damn exciting?
  • In college, I was most productive in the middle of the night. Now? Most productive at nap time. And again between the hours of 10p and 12am. Except I do considerably worse functioning on little sleep.
  • You know what else used to happen in the middle of the night in college (besides studying and alcohol consumption)? Sex.
  • You know what happens at nap time* but not usually between the hours of 10pm and 12 am? Sex. Because I do not have the energy by the time the middle of the night rolls around.
  • Told you I would over share.
  • I have actually gotten WORSE at returning phone calls (sorry, friends).
  • I can’t even REMEMBER that someone called me or emailed me or whatever half the time and it comes to my damn phone. Not real sure what I am busy remembering instead…but I feel all guilty about my forgetfulness.
  • Some days, I don’t even feel like texting (I know, GASP!). I do it anyway, of course, I just don’t always like it.
  • I am very comfortable talking in front of large groups of people I don’t know, but I always get nervous when I have to call someone I don’t know. So weird.
  • I like wine. A lot. Beer? Eh, only if it is hot outside.
  • And, with that, I have officially turned in to my mother. Minus the ability to fall asleep on the couch.
Okay, now who's next?
andreasignature2


*please do not be fooled, by naptime I mean only on the days that begin with S.
Don't forget to enter to win the Charlie Harper Nesting Blocks - ends tomorrow.

5 comments:

Kakunaa said...

LOL. I won't be able to join in this week, but I LOVE your list. I am also my mother...minus the ability to clean the house, LOL. How does that happen???

The Sourwine's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

Yum yum, wine! How I love thee (and miss you sometimes)!

I, too, have a pair of leggings, but I am sorely hurting for something to wear with them...on top and for footwear. I need Stacey and Clinton!

You are damn exciting...don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Sara said...

I too have a new found fondness for leggings!

Danifred said...

I don't own a single pair of leggings, but only because I've never made the effort to find some.
I love a good beer. I mean, really love.