Ad

Sunday, June 15, 2008

daddy day

i wished so much to make the husband a daddy by today - but, it didn't happen. we're ok, moving on - as he said to me today we are "trying to become a daddy on dad's day" - next best thing i guess?!

i know i have been doing a lot of picture posts lately, but this one is really important.


remember i told you my mom was getting married? well G. is her fiance, and he is the best step-dad anyone could ever ask for. the relationship we have is wonderful -more than I could ever imagine considering the ridiculous notions of a "father-daughter" relationship i had before i met him. I have learned so much from him, and mike even comments at times about how he hopes to be that kind of a father to our children. That is really saying something. He never stops working [literally], always is up for a good time and puts his family before anything else. This is just a small snipet of the amazingnly strong person he is, but I can't write it all here!

So thanks for coming into our lives G. - you mean more to me [and all of us] than I think you can even begin to understand.

4 comments:

JW Moxie said...

As someone else who's had "off" father-daughter relationships, you're incredibly lucky to have him.

Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

Awww...that's a nice tribute to your step-dad..

here from NCLM.

DC said...

Happy Father's Day, G!!

I hope next year you'll be celebrating FD with your hubby. :)

Alison said...

Wow, that is really cool that you have such a great relationship. What a special post!