Ad

Thursday, September 13, 2012

To our littlest one

To my sweet little one -

I want you to know how loved you are, how hard you were prayed for and how excited we are that you are going to be a part of our family.

DSC_0381

The past 20 weeks, we have watched you go from a little spot on an ultrasound picture with a beating heart to a little tiny peanut with arms and legs and to a baby who wiggles around constantly.  We got to see all of your fingers and toes today. And your little heart beating away and all of the necessary organs to become a strong, healthy little person.

DSC_0384

Your big sister is really excited to be just that.  She is ready for you to come out already because she can’t wait to tickle your tiny toes. She helped find your heartbeat at the doctor’s office today, which she thought was pretty awesome.  I know she will be a huge help to you always. 

DSC_0386

Gianna has been telling us since you were just a little spot on an ultrasound that she was having a little sister. She was positive. There was no arguing with her or telling her otherwise.

DSC_0387DSC_0388

And she was right!

DSC_0395

You, my precious girl, are in for a world that involves a special kind of love (and pestering, and bossing around!) that only your sister can give you. I can’t explain what a special bond you girls will have – MY sisters are my best friends in the entire world, and I hope that you find that best friend in each other too.

We are thrilled to have another princess in our lives, and I would guess just by how much you move around already, that we have another tiny dancer in the making.

So, my sweet girl – keep growing nice and strong in there. We really can’t wait to meet you when the time is right.

DSC_0397

love you,

Mommy

10 comments:

MommyV said...

I LOVE this post. Love love love!

JenM said...

I absolutely love this post. Love, love. Gianna is going to be an awesome big sister, and I know she will love having a sister.

Rebecca said...

This is so awesome!!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, Andrea. So happy for you and that beautiful family of yours :). Lauren p.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the baby bump!!!
So happy for you guys...Congrats!

Delenn said...

I love how you did this! So cute!! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

awww cute! Glad you are having a girl... little girls need a sister :) Oh do you think you are gaining weight faster with this baby? You look much further along (NOT a bad thing) like you're gaining all over (but I don't actually know how you were with pregnancy #1 so perhaps I'm way off here.)... I did the same thing with my second one- gained a LOT more weight and in different places. Oh how our bodies change. Love this post.

Deborah said...

This is so cute, the way you broke the news! I am jealous, J is really upset about having a sister and made me promise not to tell his preschool teacher. I wish he could be excited with me.

And since I grew up with 2 sisters myself, I know this will be awesome for Gianna!

Anonymous said...

Really so over the moon for you!!

JJ said...

Adorable :) And thrilled for you all - the look on Gs face is priceless. xoxox