Ad

Monday, September 10, 2012

a baby animal inspired baby shower

alternate title: Family Expansion Part 2a: Baby Shower Time!

shower invite

I think I started planning my sister’s baby shower as soon as I found out she was pregnant.  She didn’t have a wedding shower so I wanted to make this day REALLY SUPER EXTRA SPECIAL for her, her husband and their new baby (girl!).

My sister LOVES baby animals, so that was a pretty natural theme to go with. And who doesn’t think baby elephants are cute?!  We went with pink and orange as our main colors – something bright and cheerful for summer.

The day ended up being PERFECT. We have a much hotter than normal summer and the week of the shower, it had rained almost everyday. So I went from worrying about people melting to worrying about people needing their rain boots. Turns out, that day it was in the 70’s, sunny with a nice breeze. perfect outdoor party weather!

Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (6)Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (12)Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (16)Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (17)

cupcake toppers courtesy of the ever talented Nic!

Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (30)Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (9)

we used baby stuffed animals and bath toys for the centerpieces. and shower curtains for the table cloths.

We went with a brunch because I picked the time of the party and I love when parties start earlier than later. And it was an easy to cater type of menu – breakfast casserole, baked french toast, yogurt bar, cheese and crackers, bagels and some gourmet bread. And fun coffee treats!  The yogurt bar (thank you pinterest) and tasty cupcakes were both a HUGE HIT!)

Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (22)Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (23)

Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (26)Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (28)

Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (29)Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (45)

They got all kinds of awesome gifts – and some really creative ones too!

Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (48)Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (61)

(the one in the box is from me, I had an awesome time putting it together. see here)

Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (91)Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (102)Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (115) 

We may be biased, but I’m pretty sure Luci (and Gianna) have the coolest aunts around.Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (134)

The best part about these kind of things, in my opinion, is being able to spend time with loved ones and friends that we don’t get to see often. And we were able to do just that.

Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (130)Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (1)

Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (40)Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (71)

Some family pictures too, of course.

Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (137)Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (140)Jacqui Baby Shower 8.18  (141)

We are really really excited for this baby girl to arrive. Gianna is pumped to be a big cousin and Mike and I are both excited to try out our new roles as aunt and uncle.

So, I blogged about the shower – time to come on out little Luci!

No comments: