Ad

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

I think I have told you before how my husband rocks and is taking the whole stay-at-home-dad gig pretty well. 

Am lucky.

He has been making dinner and having it ready almost every single night

(am really lucky because I am not the biggest fan of cooking)

(also, am not really good at it as was evident by the pasta disaster of December 2009)

Also, I think I have mentioned that we eat a pretty diverse diet. You know, including chicken, grilled cheese, potato in all forms and I lurve me some fruit.  Not so excellent for the baby girl, we are aware.

Tonight I came home to Oat Burgers. 

(I know, it sounds a little unique but hear me out)

They were so freaking good! So good I even tweeted about them! And, at the request of Danifred I am posting the delicious (easy) receipt here.

(I know what you are thinking, how would I know they were easy since I was busy making the baby laugh while the cooking was going on. But I could just tell. So there.)

Ingredients:

1c grated cheddar cheese (we used parmesan)

1/2c green pepper, finely chopped

1 tomato, finely chopped (we  used tomato sauce!)

1 small onion, finely chopped

1 c oats

2 eggs, lightly beaten

1/3c plain flour

oil for frying

directions:

  1. In medium bowl combine cheese, pepper, tomato, onion, oats, eggs & flour.  mix well. divide into 6 small portions and shape into patties
  2. heat oil in frying pan, add oat burgers
  3. cook like a hamburger….

Now, go on and be healthy!

4 comments:

Danifred said...

HORRAY! Thanks for posting this. I am definitely going to give it a try, sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I agree but I about the post should have more info then it has.

andrea said...

dear anonymous..
how can i address your comment when it is not in the form of a sentence?
what info would you like?
I would like your name...