Ad

Monday, November 10, 2008

limbo

So, we are finally all moved in. That is a nice feeling. A few things could make it nicer
  • if we owned the house we live in now (maybe not this exact one, but one in general) - its not possible at the moment for a lot of reasons, but a family can dream.
  • since we are renting said house - it is still currently for sale - which means that we have to vacate whenever someone wants to see it. twice in one week when noone has shown any interest in um, 2yrs? we understand and we agreed to this before we moved but it really doesn't make it suck any less.
  • we have done a lot of work already to the kitchen (it's a wallpaper nightmare) and again, it is not "our" house. While it is really awesome to be able to give it our special touch - it's a lot of work! But it does show how dedicated my husband will be when it really is ours.
  • I am nervous someone will want to all of a sudden buy it - like in march - before the baby is born and then what?!! [or april, right after the baby arrives....]
  • We have and will probably only unpack about 1/2 of our stuff for fear of having to pack it all back up again quickly (and with much less of my help). I know that is not a good way to do things and I am sure as time passes that fear will settle - but its the unknown. I am not good with the unknown in any situation.

So yes, we do love where we live right now, we just don't love so much the uncertaintly of it all, but we are dealing with it just fine. I think anyone would feel the same way in the same situation.

Everyday it feels a little bit more like home, at least for now!

5 comments:

The Red Headed Mama said...

I feel ya on doing all that work on a house that isn't yours. We painted every room in this house before we moved in, I kept telling everyone it was a trial run for when we do buy our own. :)

Good luck with it all, I hope nobody wants to buy it for awhile, for your sake :)

Mazzy said...

Ok, that has to be stressful, but you are in a HOUSE. Just remember, most people don't buy this time of year and when they do, they still have to wait to sell their house and blah, blah, blah. Hopefully, you will have enough time to deal with it if it comes up, I will have my fingers crossed!
*hugs*

Zach and Jamie said...

Oh goodness.
Glad you're doing as well as you are. I would be an anxious mess, in all honesty. I wouldn't want to unpack a thing for fear that someone would want to buy the house and so hubbie and I would probably live out of boxes...
Prozac!
About your comment asking for tanning lotion suggestions: Loreal Sublime Bronze in medium is what I've been using. It took a couple of applications for me to get it right and not have any streaks. Just exfoliate well before applying and wash your hands good afterwards or else you'll have palms like an oompa loompa.
You'll love your belly with a tan. :) Looks so much nicer. Especially if you're like me and your hormones have caused your belly to grow hair. yuck! where did that come from?... I don't remember any of my previously pregnant friends sharing that with me.
Oh well....
Congrats on the new place! So happy you guys are getting settled in nicely.

alicia said...

I am glad you are all setteled in! That is hard that their is showings and you can't truly make it your own place! But I am glad it is feeling like home!!

Annegirrl said...

I hope you get to stay there for a while longer at least. If someone does buy it I know of a nice house close by that you could rent/buy. ;-)