Ad

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Tubby Time {Mommy’s Bliss Sweet Slumber line Review}

I am a huge fan of bath time – for myself as well as my kids.  I just really enjoy that time with them in the tub – goofing off and whatnot.  Maybe it’s because when I am working, that is some of the only quality one on one time we get during the week.  Maybe because I like bath toys and goofing off with them.
I also LOVE the post bath fresh baby smell.  I am always looking for new bath products so I happily reviewed the Mommy’s Bliss Sweet Slumber line.  The line includes a 3-in-1 Baby Wash, a nightly Massage Cream and a calming bedroom mist.  Each product contains essential oils that are associated with relaxation and sleep (including English Lavender Oil, German Chamomile Extract and Ylang Ylang flower oil among other botanical ingredients) and anything associated with better sleep gets bonus points in my book.
Once we could give Aleesia a real bath – I tried them out.
The 3-in-1 Baby Wash has a really nice, gentle smell (I’m not a fan of anything with a big fragrant presence), lathered well and I felt like it got her nice and clean. It’s tear free (obviously) and didn’t irritate Aleesia’s skin at all. Gianna even used it as a body wash without an issue.
photo 1photo 4 (not really sure baths are fun yet)
After her bath, we used the Massage Cream.  Again, the fragrance wasn’t too strong and the lotion appeared to be moisturizing.  Aleesia has the usual dry newborn skin and this worked pretty well for that.
photo 2photo 3 (was not a fan of the after-bath coldness)
I did spray the bedroom mist near where she sleeps in our room – but I can’t say I was a huge fan of that.  This could have to do with the fact that, especially at night, I am hyper aware of smell!  I would try it again though, it certainly didn’t hurt anything.
As far as the “slumber” part of this product. The first night I used it, Aleesia slept 5 hours in a row for the first time ever.  So, I vote that it really does have a calming effect.  At least it did that night.
We have used the products for a week (and my sister even used them when she gave my niece a bath the other night!) and I still like them and will continue to use them.  They are gentle on the skin, and like I said, the fragrance is pleasant without being overwhelming.  All of the products are hypoallergenic (also gluten, soy, alcohol, sulfate phthalates and paraben free) and the whole line is 100% vegetarian and vegan with  100% recycled packaging. 
All of the products can be found at Walgreens.  The 11.5 fl oz body wash retails for $7.99, 8.25 fl oz massage cream for $6.99, and 3.25 fl oz Slumber Mist for $5.99.
photo 5
*I was given a sample of the Mommy’s Bliss Sweet Slumber line to review.  All opinions are 100% mine.  All pictures are mine as well.

No comments: