Ad

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Getting my caffeine fix on the cheap

Hai. My name is Andrea and I am addicted to coffee.

Except it’s not JUST coffee.

It’s fancy flavored, $10 a pop coffee when you buy it from Starbucks, $5 from Dunkin and $3 from McDonald’s coffee.  Iced at the present moment. Since drinking hot coffee when it’s 90* outside is not real appealing.

And I am on a budget which means $10-$3/ coffee every day is not a great plan.  So I had to get creative.

I bring you Andrea’s Coffee Haus.

DSC_0491

We have foldgers for the everyday and Dunkin Donuts for the really LONG days. Travel Mugs. Coffee Pot. And we’re good.

You need the coffee slightly stronger than usual, so add an extra scoop or 2 more than you normally would. Brew.

Add ice about 3/4 the way in your cup of choice.

DSC_0493 

Fill 3/4 of the way with coffee.  It can still be hot. Or cold. Whatever. As long as coffee gets in your cup, we’re golden.

I usually make 4 cups at a time and keep what I don’t use in the pot for the next day. You can keep in the ‘fridge if that will make you happier!

DSC_0495

Now is the fun part. The fancy flavors. I choose the International Delights creamers most often because they say coffee house on them, and this is Andrea’s Coffee Haus after all.

My two favorites are vanilla latte (of which there is a skinny version) and white chocolate mocha.

DSC_0494

Fill cup up the rest of the way to your liking. Stir with a long spoon.

DSC_0498

Put the lid on and enjoy.

DSC_0501

All this happiness for something like .35 or less a cup.   

6447944426C98CE667104DD21FA0EDBC

1 comment:

Danifred said...

I totally need to work on my own at home coffee happiness. I drink it at home, but I just can't find that perfect concoction that makes me as happy as a Starbucks coffee straight from the store.