Ad

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Q&A–Are You Listening style

The first attempt at a Q & A brought to you by  my lack of ability to think on most days.

Rebecca wants to know:

do you think you can do the Disney thing once? Or more than once? What is the perfect age for that?

More than once, FOR SURE!  We took Gianna at two and it was beyond magical.  Seriously, Mike and I have been to Disney several times, but seeing it through your kids’ eyes? NOTHING BETTER.

We are already tentatively planning to head back, probably  in 2013 – G will be 4 and I am sure she will still love it just as much – and will be able to ride more rides!

If you are only going to go once, ever, I would have to say somewhere between 4 and 6 would probably be the best time.  They can walk, require less baggage, are more flexible to stay up late and go with the flow of the hustle and bustle of the parks but still young enough to BELIEVE in what they are seeing.  They will see the magic, and so will you as parents. 

My biggest advice though, is take your time – ESPECIALLY if you are only going once ever.  Make it a 7-10 day trip so you can enjoy the parks at your leisure and not feel like you are overwhelmed by all there is to see and do.  And stay on property, that is something we did for the first time and honestly – there was hardly any price difference compared to close, off property hotels and the convenience was priceless.

Farah wants to know:

how do you like the new job

I like it!  It is not ideal, or anything like that, but it is a good place to be right now.  The company is fabulous, the benefit are great, my boss is wonderful, my coworkers are only slightly irritating and there is plenty of room for growth within the company.  My actual job, is boring and not at all challenging, but I am good at it and hope that will help to propel me upwards in the company (they do a lot of internal promotion, which is fab).  The adjustment period is over, for the most part.  Some days are still exceptionally hard to leave the girl behind, Mike is doing a pretty good job being home with her – so I know she is good hands!  It’s pretty cool to come home and find out daddy made crafts! And dinner!

Alison wants to know:

how many states have you visited

  • Pennsylvania
  • Michigan
  • New York
  • California
  • North Carolina
  • South Carolina
  • Maryland
  • Florida
  • Texas
  • Illinois

I believe that is all, there is so much more I want to see!!

 

What else do you want to know? Ask away, serious, silly, whatever you want!

andreasignature2

2 comments:

Danifred said...

Love your Disney answer. We are on the fence about when we want to go. I want to make sure that Tot isn't too old, Bee wants to make sure that Bean is old enough. One of these days we'll make it there.

Rebecca said...

Aren't all co-workers slightly annoying?

Thanks for the answer about Disney. I think we're planning on next Fall for the Crazies. I can't wait to see it through their eyes as my eyes have certainly had enough for my lifetime!