Ad

Saturday, May 10, 2014

a gentle reminder

In case you missed all of the commercials, advertisements, and all of the “muffins with mom’s” facebook pictures – Mother’s Day is tomorrow.

I was sitting on the couch this morning with my girls who were climbing on me to get the best snuggle spot and I was almost annoyed because I couldn’t reach my coffee. I was actually annoyed when the oldest one asked for a granola bar after she had been offered one. I was pleasantly surprised when they both played with ponies together for almost 30 minutes.

I was immediately humbled when I read about a college acquaintance who posted that she delivered her second son asleep at 37 weeks yesterday morning. This was at least the 3rd time I have heard such tragic news in so many weeks.  Each time I hear about someone losing a child it honestly rocks me to the core.

I was rocking Aleesia back to sleep for her morning nap, something I haven’t done in a number of months and I just was flooded with emotion. So many days I can’t believe that I am blessed to have these girls in my life and I can’t imagine life any other way. Being their mom brings me the most joy, purpose, pureness, and grace along with bigger challenges that I could have ever imagined. I thought about all of the people I know whose children are sick and those who have lost a child – while I can’t relate to these specific situations still hurt for them as their friend. Their strength, even if it is just an outward show of strength, always amazes me.

I just needed to take a minute to remember and pray for all of those mothers (& fathers) whose children are no longer here with them. I just needed to send some positive thoughts out into the universe on their behalf that the second Sunday in May not be sad but be a reminder that they are amazing women and they are the greatest moms.

1 comment:

Joy@WDDCH said...

I've made way too many memorial pieces for grieving parents recently. Stillborn twins, a singleton stillbirth, a 6-m/o, 13-m/o and a 3-y/o this week alone. It has definitely reminded me to be so appreciative and to more quickly let go of those annoyances that can spring up. We never know what tomorrow holds so we have to make today count. <3