Every day is a crazy whirlwind of Do It All
- Feed the baby.
- Get ready for work.
- Switch the laundry.
- Make sure Gianna has everything she needs for school.
- Do the dishes.
- Make coffee.
- Get lunch together for work.
- Remember pump, cooler, pump parts, etc.
- Find keys.
- Make sure Mike knows who needs to be where during the day and when.
- Work. work. work. Pump.
- Make doctors appointments.
- Remember to write down doctors appointments.
- Answer questions from Mike on where things are at home.
- Work. Work. Work. Pump.
- Remember to eat lunch.
- Head home. Make sure I know who has the kids and where I am picking them up from.
- Feed the baby.
- Make dinner.
- Get the baby to bed.
- Get Gianna to bed.
- Pick up the house.
- Wash bottles/pump parts etc.
- Pay bills/respond to emails/catch up on the next days schedule.
- Pass out.
- Wake up a few times to feed the baby. Repeat.
That is just a wee bit of the chaos that is going on in my life right now. Except school is over for Gianna now and Mike is done with lacrosse, so thankfully a few pieces to our crazy schedule are lifted for a few months.
I can’t help but laugh during the day when Mike calls and asks me where something is, and I know even though I spend very few waking hours at home. Or a friend asks about a preschool event, and I know the answer even though I don’t do preschool drop off/pick-up. It’s comical when I have to squeeze a last minute doctors appointment in for Aleesia and rearrange our whole day in the process.
It’s amazing what goes on in my life every day, even to me sometimes. I know I’m not alone in this – probably the majority of women (mom or not!) are the “do it all” in their family. And I learned from the best one (thanks, mom)!
What do you do in a day? I bet it’s more than you think!