Ad

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Don’t Blink

I can’t really believe that this little girl started her first year of preschool in September.

9.11  (17)9.11  (20)

She has grown SO MUCH since then.

Her biggest accomplishments are being able to draw all of her shapes, being able to draw a detailed self-portrait (OMG you guys, it is so cute! her most recent one includes nail polish, bracelets, a necklace and a bow!), cutting with scissors and probably a hundred other things I can’t even think of right now because it is late.

She has made new friends. Read a lot of new books. Learned a lot of new songs.  She can even say the pledge of allegiance! My little chatter box is even MORE chattery and social than she was when she started.  We are really proud of her and all she has learned.  Her most memorable lesson is probably that you don’t run at school “or else you fall and bust your eye open”.

I think she is really going to miss her teacher and her school friends, but she will tell you that she is VERY excited for summer be-cation to start!  (and we are slightly glad to have a break from the “clothes fight” for a few months!)

5.5  (10)

I am just not sure how they grow up so quickly and you don’t even realize it.  Before I know it she will be graduating from high school. And THAT is totally unbelievable at this point.

Right now, I am trying not to blink too fast so that I can soak up all of her.  I don’t want to miss a thing.

Happy first-last day of school, my little bug.  (or, happy first-first day of summer break!)

No comments: