Ad

Sunday, December 16, 2012

We are family

I know I talk about my family a lot – but they deserve a special shout out this week (more than usual) for two reasons.

Reason #1:

My (twin) sister has been so incredibly helpful for my whole life. But the past few weeks she has been extra helpful and using the last of her maternity leave to help us out a ton.  She helped us out a few weeks ago when we needed a stand-in for our preschool parent-helper day (I had to work, mike had the flu) and served as the room aunt.  I think she probably had more fun than Gianna, but it was a HUGE help to us.

And then this past week – she spent the night at our house on Wednesday so she could take Gianna to school (mike had to work, I couldn’t be late for work to take her) which is awesome enough.  But THEN she came back to our house and spent most of the day doing laundry, putting away laundry, and helping get baby girl’s room  closer to being ready.  She cleaned Gianna’s room and her playroom too.  And while it wasn’t how I would do it (because, well, I am super anal about everything) it was done and it was so wonderful to have her help because we have been so busy lately to be able to do much of anything.

She really is the best ever and I am so thankful for her all the time – but especially this week!

Reason #2:

This week was my mom’s 50th birthday! Me, my sisters, and stepdad have been planning a surprise party for her since August and it was this weekend.

And she was SO SURPRISED! Everything was perfect and it wouldn’t have been without everyone’s help and wonderful secret-keeping-abilities!

 12.15  (4) 12.15  (8)12.15  (37)12.15  (35)

My mom is the best mom in the whole world (I’m probably biased!) – she is always doing everything for everyone and we really wanted to make this day special for her.  There were 40-50 people there to celebrate her awesome-ness and it was perfect.

I love my family to pieces every day, but this week/end was another awesome showing of the love that we all have for each other and the crazy, endless love I have for all of them.

No comments: