Ad

Friday, November 9, 2012

Attack of the Pants

Preschool is going awesome for my threenager, she loves it, she is learning a lot and my kitchen counter and refrigerator are forever overflowing with crafts.

But we have one little problem.

Pants.

Getting this girl dressed in the morning is like experiencing the world war of preschool fashion.

We have tried everything – picking clothes out the night before, letting her pick whatever she wants, having her pick from two choices, and everything in between.  Some days it’s a none issue (those are the same days she wears a dress or a skirt).

But it always comes down to the pants.

you would think that every single pair of pants she owns have teeth that try to gnaw her legs off.

a little bit like this (except with less happy faces, more flailing limbs and approximately 28 decibels of ear piercing screeching):

PANTS

The pink skinny jeans that are FREAKING CUTE? those usually result in the largest amount of outrage even if I am just moving them out of the way to find something else.  I have never witnessed such a fight over pants. She HATES them for some unknown reason.  Jeans? you have got to be kidding me, right?  And all other pants, to be honest.

Getting her to wear anything on her legs that is not tights or leggings turns into a wrestling match 95% of the time.  The tights and leggings only result in a wrestling match about 15% of the time. It is all kinds of intense around these parts before I have even had my coffee.

Obviously all pants posses some type of dangerous property that only Gianna is aware of.

It seriously is bullshit.

Also bullshit that we live in a place where it is now freaking cold and wearing skirts and dresses everyday will possibly result in icicle legs.  Which, is a chance I may or may not be willing to take on any given day.  We try to let her wear dresses, skirts, leggings, tights, etc. most of the time to avoid dealing with the attack of the pants – but sometimes, there are just no more leggings clean! and then? look out.

so, if you hear screams and chants of “NO PANTS, I DON’T LIKE PANTS” from wherever you are, just know there is no harm being done, we are only trying to get the threenager dressed for school.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came over to your blog from maybe if you just relax. It is 5:30 on a Saturday morning , I can't sleep and am typing on my cell phone so please excuse any errors.
I don't have any children so I am no expert but I work in child care. We see this all the time. It is okay. I can't help with the laundry part but choose your battles. She may get cold legs for minute or two but then hey she may choose to wear pants .

Anonymous said...

Whatever you do, DO NOT try to put the tan corduroy pants on her !!!!! LOL ----OMG -- you should have heard the screaming ---She can wear a dress everyday at Gram's !!!

Photogrl said...

LOL...Sometimes you just can't understand their logic!

Who knew that pants were so scary!?!

Hoping this is just a phase that she moves through quickly, for you!

Annegirrl said...

My almost 5 year old still won't wear pants. I stopped buying them except as spare clothes at daycare. If she has an accident she has to wear pants. Sad pants-wearing face that day for her. So, yeah. She only has dresses, shirts, leggings, and tights in her drawers. That's it.

Anonymous said...

You need to move to Florida!!!! lol :). Then she can wear dresses every day because it's always great weather for dresses!!!! :)

Danifred said...

We fight with our girls over pants ALL. THE. TIME. I don't get it. I really don't.