Ad

Monday, December 14, 2009

8 months of amazing

when you are 8 months old - the world is a fascinating place.
when you are the mom of an 8 month old - HER world is even more fascinating.

Some things I don't want to forget about her life right now:
  • When she is sleepy she rubs her eyes, pulls at her ears and yawns REALLY big. followed by burying her face into her lovie.
  • she can stand up. fall down. stand up.
  • this past week she figured out how to pick something up off the floor while still standing. it takes very much concentration.
  • her voice is a powerful thing. she says "dada, mama & hi" but not with a purpose
  • banging on things is super fun.
  • she knows her mom and dad and the excitement she gets on her face when she sees us is overwhelming.
  • she is very much my daughter - one of her favorite things to do is to play with her shoes.
  • she has given a new meaning to "baby proof" - we really try to use redirection rather than removing things from her reach - but like I've said before, she will make a beeline to the one piece of dirt/paper/crumb that you missed! who needs a Dyson....
  • yesterday she was wearing pants that were 0-3m. they fit perfectly in the waist. slightly short, but at least she didn't crawl out of them.....
  • she has been playing with an empty Gatorade bottle for the past 15 minutes. toys are totally overrated in her book.
She amazes me daily.
I wish I could bottle her determination, energy, and resilience.

2 comments:

Danifred said...

She sounds like she's keeping you plenty busy! It's amazing how quickly time flies, it's so nice to stop and enjoy every moment.

Anonymous said...

I Love her and I am so amazed with everything she does....give her Aunt Jacqui kisses and snuggles for me...