Ad

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Merry Christmas!!

This Christmas season has been a busy one. Our family lost a loved one recently also making this time bittersweet in many respects.

Aleesia has taken a special interest in the Grinch (or Ginch!), which is one of my favorite books & movies. The movie is hilarious and the message is so solid - Christmas isn't about all of the things, but the time. The people, the memories and the time we take to just love on each other. Tomorrow is not guaranteed, take the time today to share kindness and love with everyone you know.

We are in sort of a chaotic season of life with these little ones everywhere & usually I'm not sure which way is up. But the little ones bring the magic. They bring the innocence and the spirit so raw and unjaded you cannot help but smile when they speak of Santa.
We've been teaching our girls about the birth of Jesus and Gianna really gets the reason we celebrate now, which is its own kind of magic. As she belted out the words to Silent Night at Christmas Eve mass I couldn't help but to cry. Here I am in a packed church with all 3 kids - G listening intently, V trying to wiggle from my arms & A acting as if we don't go to church weekly. I was stressed, sweating, questioning if we should hi-tail it right out of there before things got worse. But we stayed. And the message of hope and birth was what I needed at that moment. And to hear my sweet girl sing those words, priceless.  The chaos calmed down and Cheeze-its saved my sanity for that hour and I was able to have a quiet moment of reflection with my 3 girls around me. I thought of the loved ones who are no longer here celebrating together from above & how their spirit lives within each of us. What a blessing each new day is to be healthy and to live a life that is meaningful and fulfills our soul's desires. About how I can do a better job at living a life that brings honor and glory to Him and my family as well.  I truly felt the spiritual magic of the season, and I think G did too. And I was grateful to be in a church that embraces the spirit of the little ones ;)

We were able to spend time with much of our family and most importantly with the girls. Their excitement continued to be infectious the whole day. They were gracious (as gracious as I expected them to be) receivers of gifts and thoughtful givers of gifts. I heard manners. (I also heard some attitude, so don't be fooled!) And saw lots of joy!

We scaled down some on the number of things and it was great - everyone got what they really wanted and I am sure those things will be enjoyed thoroughly! We also took time to donate some cheer to our local Children's hospital - it was such a blessing and a joy to do so. This is a place that has not only taken care of my kids & my sister (30 years ago!) but of many kids we know & love and a place I give back to any chance I have.

As we embrace the holiday hangover period and closely examine all of the new goodies that were gifted, I continue to be amazed & humbled at where life has taken us. This season (of life & the year!) is chaotic and stressful, but the magic that comes with that is unbeatable. I am excited to see what comes next & I have hope that the wonderful days will always win out amidst the difficult ones. Life is what we make of it, and there is no reason we should make it any less than great.

I hope the holiday was just as magical for you as it was for us!
Merry Christmas!!

No comments: