Ad

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Another "I never" reality check

Kids have big imaginations and they wish and hope so fiercely that you absolutely will so whatever you can to make that wish and hope a reality.

Toddlers especially have a special way of taking your pre-parenthood"I never" list and ripping it to pieces. Successive toddlers take whatever was left of that list and burn it!

With Gianna, among a thousand other things, I swore I'd never let her eat anywhere but the kitchen table. But then it was so sweet when she munched Cheerios while singing to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I swore I'd never let her go out of the house mismatched or in dress up clothes. Turns out those  things are basically considered regular outfits around here and I don't even ask Aleesia to get out of her jammies some days because it isn't worth the struggle.

I usually can't deny requests for more snuggles, milk, snacks, teets (treats) when a pwease is accompanying the request.

Aleesia loves animals. She cried when we moved to our new house because she missed my parents dog so much. She even asked to move back to "weno's house" (Reno!) recently.  She loves when my sister's dogs lick on her and love her.

All Aleesia wanted  for Kissmiss (Christmas) was "a weel bawkin dawg" one that would "yick" her and snuggle her. She repeated this request over and over to anyone who would (or wouldn't) ask. I was SO AGAINST this idea. We have a new house! I have enough on my plate. NO DOGS ALLOWED. EVER. NEVER EVER! We can visit dogs and love on them then go home.

(You see where this is going, don't you?)

Santa bought her a FurReal dog that barked! She would love it. (She did). But I felt bad, like her heart would be broken into a million pieces without a REAL dog. Mike and Gianna both tried to convince me to give in.

It turns out, they won.

We found this little pup (she is a chihuahua/mini pit bull mix) on Christmas eve. My sister kept her & the girls were SO SHOCKED! (Video!)

We weren't disappointed by the surprise. Or the love that Aleesia, especially, gives her. It will be sweet to watch this other kind of relationship unfold.

I'm still not a dog person and really can't believe we did this. But it will be fine. Thankfully, she is tiny and so far a pretty good pup!

That "I never" list is totally torched - Vivian will probably be able to have whatever she wants before she even asks.

No comments: