Ad

Friday, April 11, 2014

A letter to my (oldest) daughter: One Whole Hand

Miss Gianna -

Today you are five. A whole hand old.

You have told me so many times that you can’t wait to turn five so you can go to school and be in the big girl ballerina class. And I can’t wait for you to do all of those things (in the fall).

But five feels like such a big deal to me – so many adventures are coming your way (and have come your way over the past year) and that just goes along with growing up. And maybe that’s the part that I can’t quite get past, I love watching you grow but it’s hard to see all the “baby” parts of you leave one little piece at a time. Like how you only use your lovie some nights, and you say elephant the right way now.

9.22  (63)9.22  (82)

But I’m not sad that you are growing up – I love to watch you learn and explore, watching the world around you and how you experience it makes me smile bigger than anything else. You are hilarious, always making jokes and doing funny things. You are kind and respectful, always asking how my day was after work and that your sister is okay. You are lovable, with lots of unprompted “I love you, mommy”s and kisses. You are smart, chatty, sassy, strong willed.

6.6  (39)7.30  (1)

You are YOU! And I see such independence and uniqueness in you these days – from the outfits you pick out to the way you play with your toys. The stories you tell me, the games you make up. Your imagination is on fire!

5.6  (3)

DSC_0228

 

 

This year you have really learned what it is all about to be a big sister and you are successfully teaching Aleesia your girly ways. It’s so fun to watch you interact with her, especially now that she walks and talks and gets into your toys.

2.12  (5)DSC_0224

You played soccer this year, you are doing great in dance, and you are finally catching on to swimming. Some of your favorite things right now are playing with Barbies, playing waitress or cash register, crafts, dress up, dressing up your dolls and pets, being outside, and anything related to FROZEN!

8.24  (53)IMG_4685

We went to the beach with friends this summer and it was an unforgettable time. Time away from our normal life is so needed sometimes to just catch up and relax together.

8.15  (3)8.12  (40)8.11  (107)

You have learned to write your name and are working on your letters and numbers. You are a wonderful artist, always wanting to do crafts and make masterpieces. And you are learning about faith and about God. This is something that we are working on together, whether you know it or not, and spending time with you at church and helping you to understand what is being said is wonderful. The simplicity with which you accept the world around you is admirable, and I hope you can retain that as you grow up because sometimes the answer really is just as simple as it seems.

9.10  (16)

There isn’t always a lot of time that just you and I can spend together, but when we find that time we both hold on to it for as long as possible. Our relationship keeps growing stronger and stronger and each day I am reminded just how lucky I am that you are mine.

9.9  (1)

Gianna, five is going to be so wonderful. We are going to tackle the next adventures in your life together, some things might be hard but like always we are going to work through them together because we are a team. I can’t wait to hear your little laugh and watch life as a five year old unfold through those blue eyes of yours.

10.19  (34)

I love you more my little bug,

Mommy

No comments: