sometimes, that is how I look at blogging – to catch the things I don’t want to forget.
which entails remembering to blog about those things. which, I feel like I need to do right now!
So excuse me while I catch some memories for my future self.
To Remember about Gianna right now:
- You have a hard time saying “th” and “v” sounds and you also pronounce certain words in the most adorable ways. Examples: Hos-bib-al, ba-la-na, el-phan-ent
- going to bed is a huge challenge right now – but you are a crafty staller. Tonight you fell asleep with your lovie on top of your face!
- we have conversations. like, real conversations about things that are going on in your life. it’s really fun. Last night we spent time talking about going on vacation and apparently, you going to a Hawaii for a conference.
- in preparation for your baby sister to come, you have started taking REALLY good care of your baby dolls. Princess aurora and cinderelly are very well taken care of these days. and they always have on the “right” jammies and slippers. they also apparently like to eat oatmeal!
- you love to sing along to songs on the radio – and you are actually pretty good at remembering the words!
- some of my favorite phrases you say: “what in the world!”, “get outta town, mommy”
- when I come home from work – there is NOTHING that makes me feel as good as when you run up to me with a hug and say “I missed you so much, mommy”. and lately, you always make sure to give sister a hug and a kiss too. it’s very sweet.
- you seriously love to help clean – dusting, sweeping, washing the table, all of it. I’m taking it while I can get it that is for sure! you even wanted to play “janitor” the other day when we were picking up your room!
- you have independent play down – you can play and play and play with your barbies/babies/doll house/kitchen etc. for hours. I love to just sit and listen to the stories you come up with and the way you pretend. it’s really awesome.
- you also really like to do crafts
- getting dressed is still a challenge, better some days than others, but I still consider it a challenge! you did grow straight out of size 3T clothes in to size 5T – so you can slow down a little, okay?
To Remember about this pregnancy
- I am a largely pregnant 37 weeks yet, when I feel the baby move a lot it surprises me. And pretty much every night when I go to roll over and am met with resistance and a little extra work I am shocked – but then I remember the belly!
- I feel like I have a lot of stretch marks. or maybe it’s the same old stretch marks I had before and they are just that much more obvious?
- at 37w 2d – I am 2cm and 70-80% effaced. I have contractions randomly. I am also in no way delusional about the fact that this pregnancy could last several more weeks. But I may be in denial over the fact that she could, potentially, be here very soon.
- Things have been pretty easy, and I am so thankful for that. I feel good. Swollen and my shoes don’t fit and my pants don’t fit either, but good.
- I am super emotional. I pretty much cry at everything and nothing all day.
- You move. a lot. and very aggressively. I can see you moving from the outside. and I can only imagine the party that we will have when you are on the outside!
- I eat a lot of ice. And I drink a lot of water. And I eat a lot of cereal lately. I haven’t really had much in the way of cravings, besides the ice thing.
- I have no idea why I waited so long to buy maternity leggings. and I wish I had more than one pair.
- it’s possible I work too much. and do too much. and pick up Gianna too much. but I don’t know how else to be – so I just kind of go with it, complain sometimes when I am too tired or sore and generally just move on.
- my hair still doesn’t like being pregnant. I forget to take my prenatals a lot. and my eyebrows are out.of.freaking.control but I can’t bend over the sink to see in the mirror to do anything about it. and I can’t seem to get to a salon to get the problem taken care of!
- As much as I have felt like I have not spent enough time just reflecting and BEING with the baby – it doesn’t make me less excited. And, last weekend, I got to focus all on the baby thanks to my awesome sister and friends who threw me a surprise sprinkle! I was so so shocked and thankful because after that I felt a lot more prepared! the people in our lives are pretty awesome.
- I undoubtedly have forgotten things I hoped to remember……